Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mouni

connection between citect and excel

11 posts in this topic

hello how can i make communication between citect and excel? thank u please can u help me

What have you done yourself so far to get the answer to your question?

Mr Pdl Je n’ai pas plier mes bras et attendre la première repense qui me passe devant j ai bien chercher et j ai collecter pas mal d informations mais tous ce que me manque c est un coup de pousse pour savoir et pour organiser mes idées et mes informations et si tu es administrateur dans ce forum tu es bien sur un membre dans d autres alors ce ne te donne pas le droit de juger les autres comme ça si tu as quelque chose a me proposer je serais ravi si non je trouverai d autre Et merci pour ta repense.

Mouni, there is no need to take offence PDl was trying to suggest that maybe if you posted along the lines of this you may get more help: I am trying to make a connection to Excel and cannot get it working, i have looked at using DDE and an export by cicode to csv but it give me an error which is xxxxxx when i ran the code, can anybody help ? If you ask specific question you will get specific answers, ask general questions and you will get general answers !!

Hello mouni, Je n'ai pas parlais Francais. Like tragically1969 says, Citect has a very good help section which should get you started. If you have specific questions afterwards, you are welcome to post them.

hello i have accomplish a program in cicode and compiled. Gods thank i had no error. but a problem is I dont see any change in the excel file which i have create? ! Read from Excel spreadsheet INT FUNCTION GetExcelData(); INT hChannel; INT courbe1; hChannel = DDEhInitiate("EXCEL", "test.XLS"); IF hChannel > -1 THEN sData = DDEhRequest(hChannel, "l1C1"); DDEhTerminate(hChannel); hChannel = -1; END; RETURN courbe1; END

thank u for all help naw i can communiq beteween citect and excel but i have an other probleme in the function setDDe i wold like save my data in the table excel one by one how can i incrment the rang an the colone with this function.

What is your end goal with this project ? You may be going the wrong way with this, the way i have seen and used DDE is generally for displaying live data on a spreadsheet for an overview of plant data etc, not for logging data. If you want to log data on a set interval you should be using the SQL and ODBC commands to write to an access data base or using the trend tools to export a trend to a CSV file