Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fredrix

Problem with program transfer

31 posts in this topic

I have a major problem with CX-Programmer, when I try to transfer a program (both upload and download) CX-Programmer wont let me choose what to download (I have to go with the defaults). This makes it impossible for me to upload the entire program from the PLC to the PC, it also makes it impossible to download for example only the settings. Anyone experienced this before? I need to get this fixed as soon as possible, and appreciate any help I can get from you! My CX-Programmer version is 7.11

I don't know, sounds to me like a problem with the CXP/CX-Server installation, perhaps registry problem. Or an option in the settings that you are unaware of. Have you tried created a new file to see if it is the same ?

This applies to every file I have, and also every file I create new... CXP worked fine for a long time, but suddenly it started to be like this... Edited by Fredrix

I don't think this is caused by a setting or such. I am affraid you need to re-install CX-One... I had a similar problem once, because I used a registry cleaner which also removed registry keys -supposedly- pointing to "invalid paths for program files". The cleaner removed the key containing the path to CX-Simulator, and as a result I could not launch CX-Simulator from within CX-P, I always had to launch it separately.

If its possible I'd rather not reinstall CX-One.. I have not used any registry altering programs at all on this computer so it have to be anything else causing the problem. I have tried to look at all the settings I can find, but nothing wrong there... Edited by Fredrix

Me too, I have searched the CXP operation manual for "download options" but did not find anything useful... What else could be the cause of this.... it would be useful in this case to be able to load default settings so you can be sure it is not a user setting...

Hello Fredrix, What PLC are you using? Can you post a screen shot of the transfer dialogue? This sounds a bit wierd! PdL, as far as I know, there are no user settings for this, but I'll check further to make sure.

Thanks for confirming that, I was kind of hoping you'd show up

This problem occurs regardless of PLC type... See attachment

Hello Fredrix, Hmmm, very strange... I would have expected that the options be 'greyed out' if you weren't able to change them! Can you create and post a simple project (CJ1G-H CPU42 would be best) for me to test here?

See attachment mrplctest.zip Edited by Fredrix

FYI No problem here with selecting/deselecting download options when transferring the file you posted, using CX-Simulator that is.

Hello Guys, No problem for me either... Fredrix, can you post the "MrPLCtest.opt" file? Also, I am waiting on an answer regarding whether or not this could be an upset registry setting (although I think this is unlikely!).

I updated the zip file in the other post with the .opt file

By the way are you using a "live" PLC to connect to or CX-Simulator ? Any difference between the two ? To use CX-Simulator, press CTRL+SHIFT+W to enter or to leave simulation mode.

Strange! "Work Online Simulator" is deactivated!

Aha! No registry tool eh? CX-Simulator disabled from within CX-Programmer ? What am I missing?

No, the registry is fine, everything right there...

This key exists ? [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\CX-Simulator] The path in the key value is correct ? Then I don't understand...

Hello Chaps, Hmmm... The opt file didn't reveal anything (not that I expected it too - just a shot in the dark). No problems with real or simulated PLC. Removed the CX-Sim path from the registry, but this didn't affect the download options. This looks like being the proverbial 'needle in a haystack'. One of the developement team has said he will look into the registry settings, but he doubts (like me) that there is anything that would stop those checkboxes being activated. I'll keep looking though (as time permits!!!)... Stay tuned.

Perhaps a stupid suggestion, but who knows. Are you able to move the focus on any of the options with the TAB key, and check/uncheck with the SPACE key ?

It works now:S the only thing I did was to start CX-Simulator and close it again. (and I tried to move with tab/space)

Hello Fredrix, So everything is OK now?

Good job! So perhaps CX-Simulator was preventing the download options to be changed... Did you restart your system in between any of the trials or is it possible the CX-Simulator instance was running in the background all the time ?

No restart, no, its not possible that CX-Simulator have been running, because I have not used it on a long time (I perform tests on real PLC instead..) I'm still not able to "Go Online Simulator", but that's not a big problem, because I don't use it... But for now, it looks like I'm able to alter the upload/download alternatives (I just hope it will stay that way!)