Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pszczepan

CX Programmer - smart way

5 posts in this topic

Hi ! I have FB instances used many times. I rebuilt the FB and I had to add/delete some variable. After that each FB instance in program shows error. Right now I have to go through whole program and each FB instance with changed FB I have to delete and insert new one (changed). It is boring if I have to exchange 20 instances like that. In Symbols in properties for FB instance I see what FB is used but I cannot change it - it is not active. Can I do what I described in some smarter way???? thanks Pawel

Hello Pawel, If the body of a used FB invocation has been changed, the invocation within the ladder will show in error as you described. If you right-click on the invocation, you should be able to select "Update Function Block Invocation". This should automatically align the invocation with the FB instance. Hope (if I've read your problem correctly) this helps.

Just great - exactly what I expected. This is what I needed. Thanks Still learning :)

Perhaps a suggestion could be made to improve upon this feature, and update all instances of the FB that has been changed. I have had this problem also, and whilst the update option is good to, an update all would be that much better!!!

Good idea Scott... Consider it suggested!