Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
angeraer

Advise on connecting C200H-ID215/OD215 to devices

6 posts in this topic

Hello All! Can anyone tell me how they connect PLC modules to devices? I have some old C200H ID215 and OD215 modules wich I would like to use in my house to do some automation. So I need to connect my push buttons etc to these modules. I've been looking in some PDF's and it's not clear to me what type of Wire Terminal Block and cables I need? Is it correct that I need 2 times a cable XW2Z-100A and 2 times a terminal block XW2B-20G6 (or XW2D-20G6)? One terminal block has 20 screws and the ID215 module has 24 contacts? I would expect a one-on-one mapping? The price with a local dealer is around 25 euro/piece (30$/piece). Is this a normal price? Thanks, Andy.

Andy, You are correct, you will need two XW2B-20Gx terminal blocks and two XW2Z-100A cables per module. Take a look at the attached diagrams for wiring information. Hope this will help. XW2B_20G4_G5__XW2Z_A_Output.pdf XW2B_20G4_G5__XW2Z_A_Input.pdf

Dear gtsupport, Do you also have the pin layout of an XW2D-20G6? Any idea what the difference is between de "B" and "D"? Regards, Andy.

I am not aware of a "D" part number only the "B".

the "D" seems to be the, and I quote, "slim version of the connector-terminal conversion units". I accidently ordered this version and I wanted to know if it works with a XW2Z cable because I can't find it on the omron site, but since the cable fits i guess it's ok. Bye, Andy. Andy. D2WX.pdf

Andy, I missed this the first time around. The attached pdf file lists your modules and the XW2D blocks. You can use the XW2Z-100A with the XW2D-20G6 block. You will need 2 cables and 2 blocks per module. Hope this will help. XW2D_C200H.pdf