Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rcastellanos0523

COMUNNICATION OVER ETHERNET TO A SLC 5/04

3 posts in this topic

HI...IM TRYING TO COMUNICATE TO A SLC 5/04 USING THE ETHERNET INTERFACE 1761-NET-ENI SERIES B... I HAVE USE BEFORE THIS MODULE WITH MICROLOGIX BUT I CANT GET IT TO WORK WITH THE 5/04...THE CABLE THAT IM USING TO INTERFACE THE 5/04 WITH THE 1761-NET-ENI IS THE 1761-CBL-PM02 ...ANY IDEA WHAT AM I DOING WRONG.....ANY TIPS.... THANKS

It would help if you included some additional information. Such as: The DF1 configuration parameters in your SLC-5/04 controller. The DF1 configuration parameters in the 1761-NET-ENI. Can you communicate with the SLC-5/04 serial port directly with RSLinx ? If so, what are the RSLinx DF1 driver parameters ? Can you communicate with the 1761-NET-ENI with the Net-ENI configuration utility ? If so, what are those DF1 configuration parameters. Can you communicate with the 1761-NET-ENI over Ethernet ? Do you have any additional information about specific error messages or software windows that you're looking at when you pronounce "it doesn't work? "

Please read this: Post by Ron Beaufort http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=26412 Post #13 Quote: I've tried the RS232 port(Null Modem Cable) and also the Programming terminal (1761-CBL-PM02 Cable) Quote Ron Beaufort this isn't your answer - just something to keep your eye on ... the 1761-CBL-PM02 cable SHOULDN'T fit into the front of an SLC-5/04 processor ... that cable (assuming that you've given us the correct part number) is for things like the MicroLogix processors ... the little round port on an SLC-5/04 is for DH+ (Data Highway Plus) - and takes a special ("special" as in "EXPENSIVE") cable ... secret handshake: the shells of the two connectors are different shapes - and the pins are in different patterns ... just in case you forced (or "coaxed" if you prefer) the 1761-CBL-PM02 cable into the SLC-5/04, I'd suggest that you take a good look at those tiny little pins ... you might be in the market for a new cable too ... note: you would NOT be the first to have made this mistake ... good luck ... (and I hope I'm wrong on this one) ... __________________ 2-B Best regards, ----+----] [----+---- Ron | | www.ind-info.com | 2-B | End Quote +----]/[----+ Edited by Mickey