Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mr.MES

Indramat and ControlLogix

5 posts in this topic

I am trying to communicate using unsolicited read messaging from ControlLogix processor to an Indramat MT200. Has anyone completed this task before? I am trying to configure the message over Ethernet. I am having one issue in accessing the tags from the Indramat. I am wanting to know if the MAC address is used for HMI's such as RSView to gather the data and if so how can I configure this in ControlLogix?

Do you have a link for some info on the Indramat Ethernet interface? Are you using the ENBT to attempt this? The Indramat would need to be Ethernet/IP compliant to communicate with the ENBT. Other options may be possible with the EWEB.

I never used MT200, years ago I used MTC200 - I am not sure if it is the same and it did not have Ethernet/IP support that time. I would call Indramat and ask them if they support Ethernet/IP - CIP protocol. They use to have very good technical support in Chicago.

Yes, the configuration is Indramat MTC200 communicating to a RSView application. Do anyone have an idea how to communicate a ControlLogix Processor to the MTC 200 via Ethernet?

What protocol used? I am pretty sure this is Modbus. You need to tell us what protocols current version of MTC200 supports