Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mulderm

Problem with Block Transfers RSView 1500 Plus

13 posts in this topic

Hello, I still have new problems with the migration of Panelview 1200 to Panelview 1500 Plus using Remote I/O on the PLC5. Now I get the errors: PKTX RIO Adapter Driver detected Block Transfer size mismatch for BT7 Rack 2 Slot 0 driver, BT8 Rack 2 Slot 4 driver, BT9 Rack 2 Slot 8 driver. I have attached the converted BT configuration (RSView Blocks.zip) and the Block Transfer in the PLC5 (Transfer Blocks.zip). Who can help me to fix this? mulderm Transfer_Blocks.zip RSView_Blocks.zip

It will be after midnight before I can look at your samples, but usually this error message occurs when the Panelview is expecting a block of one size say 64 bytes and the PLC is sending a block of another size say 32 bytes. I'd check the block sizes in each unit first.

Bob is correct, looks like you have the BTW set up for either 7 or 8 words and the Panelview is expecting 32 (in the JPG's I looked at). Change them to the correct length. Good luck

Let me confirm what Ratcliffe said. Your Block Trnasfer Sizes are off. The PLC is sending 8, 7 & 8 respectively while the PV wants 32, 32, 32. One or the other must change. I'd change the PLC if it were my project.

Change the size in the plc is not an option, because the size of the data words for example 32 overwrite other data. So I want change the size in the BT configuration. The problem now is when I change example BT7 the size from 32 to 8 the group/slot value disappear and 2/0_ is not available any more. Wat must I do? mulderm

When you are setting up your remote I/O configuration in the Panelview, should you not just be setting up the rack configuration for the PLC BTW to write too, rather than adding in block transfers in the Panelview? The block transfer in the Panelview looks like you can read or write the PLC from the Panelview. The attached JPG shows your rack settings in comms setup. I've not done a RIO panelview plus so I may be incorrect.

I have setting the Rack configuration. But the problem is when I resized from 32 to 8 the Group 0/0 and 2/0 and 4/0 are gone. These option is not available, only when I set this back to 32 size. mulderm

My question is do you need to set up block transfers in the panelview? Do you not just set the rack configuration which will give you your tags in the Panelview. Then set up your block transfers in the PLC which then write to the rack addresses you have set in the panelview. i.e. do not set any block transfers in the Panelview, as these are having the effect of altering the rack size you have set. As I said I've not done a RIO Panelview before but the above seems logical to me.

Try This Solution. 1. Create an New Additional Integer File in the PLC 5 say N17 for example of size 128. 2. Just before you block transfers install the following rungs. A. SOR BST COP N7:500 N17:0 8 NXB COP N7:570 N17:32 7 NXB COP N7:590 N17:64 8 BND EOR B. Modify the Block Transfer for N7:500 to be N17:0 length 32. C. Modify the Block Transfer for N7:570 to be N17:32 length 32. D. Modify the Block Transfer for N7:590 to be N17:64 length 32. 3. Leave you Panelview Program as you originally posted it. 4. Your Messaging will now work and you picked up several spare integers in N17 that you can use to send data to your PV.

Great solution Boblfoot. It works perfect. Many thanks guy´s. One question: Have the discrete output O:027. Now I want using the first 5 bits bits O:27/0 - O:27/4 for global connections to selecting the screens controlling by the remote I/O of the PLC5/25 processor. What is the alias and tag syntax for this? mulderm

If I read you correctly and remeber my remote I/O Panelview rules here is what I understand. 1. Your PanelView is occupying a full rack as rack 2. 2. BT#7 uses Rack 2 Group 0 Slot 0 making discretes I:20/0 thru I:20/7 & O:20/0 thru O:20/7 invalid 3. BT#8 uses Rack 2 Group 2 Slot 0 making discretes I:22/0 thru I:22/7 & O:22/0 thru O:22/7 invalid 4. BT#9 uses Rack 2 Group 4 Slot 0 making discretes I:24/0 thru I:24/7 & O:24/0 thru O:24/7 invalid 5. Using Discretes of O:27 will make Rack 2 Group 7 Slot 0 unavailable for block transfer use. 6. Discretes I:27/10 thru I:27/17 & O:27/10 thru O:27/17 are reserved for overhead use. You should have a tag called Screen Number Control or similiar which will change the PV screen to whatever it holds. I'd use O:21 for this tag since it needs 16 bits. By the way if Screen Control is non-zero then the PV cannot change screens. There should also be a tag called Screen Number Status or similiar which will indicate the PV Screen currently on display. I'd use I:21 for this tag since it needs 16 bits. In your PLC 5 you'll need code like follows to reset the control register to zero once the screen changes. SOR NEQ O:21 0 EQU O:21 I:21 MOV 0 O:21 EOR Hope this is clear enough. BTW glad to hear the Block Transfer work around was ok.

You are great Boblfoot, Many, many thanks for the help and the information. mulderm

Not a problem, I enjoy what I learn from the forums as much as what I can teach. Let us know if you have more problems. RIO PV is not always intuitive.