Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rmiell

2 PC to controll 1 ML1200

3 posts in this topic

Project: control various equipment (door locks and garage door openers) from 2 different desktop pcs (CSF1 & CSF2), at same time. Equipment: MicroLogix 1200 with input/outputs tied to the equipment identified in Project, above. 2 desktop computers, with serial ports, and both connected to citywide network. 3 (three) #1761-NET-AIC units, 1 (one) 1761-NET-ENIW (series D), various AB numbered cables (1761-CBL-PM02, 1747-CP3) Software: RSView ME Station, RSLinx Enterprise, RSView Studio, RSLogix500 One AIC interface is connected at present, to one of the desktops (CSF1), via serial cable to Port1. AIC unit is also connected to ML1200 through Port 2 of the AIC. RSView ME Station will run .mer application in this setup, using CSF1. I tried using the same setup on CSF2, but got a message about no license found on this machine, and will shutdown in 2 hours. Once opened, application ran ok, tho I started getting alarm messages during the running of this application. I did not log these alarms, as I was just verifing that it would run using CSF2, which it did. As stated in Project, above, I would like to have this application running on 2 different desktops, at the same time. Can anyone direct me to the correct layout of equipment.cables, etc…? TIA Rick Miell

You will need a second activation file to run RsView on a second PC. But since you have a 1761-NET-ENIW why not just set them up on Ethernet and use the web pages to change the data you want?

That was my intent, after trying for a few months to get the AIC to work correctly. However, now I am having trouble getting Studio to communicate with the ENI. I can while in RSLogix500, but can't while running RSView Studio. Can you give me pointers for setting up my application in Studio? I need to be able to run this ML1200 from 2 different computers. Thanks for the reply. Rick Miell