Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rmiell

1761-NET-ENIW

5 posts in this topic

I have a MicroLogix 1200 connected to the 1761-NET-ENIW, networked through company network, connected to my laptop. I can connect to ML1200 via RSLogix 500 ok, but can't in RSView Studio. In Studio, when I test application, I get the following messge " Could not set RSLinx Enterprise data server configuration. Do you wish to continue? (yes or no)" I think I have my communciations set up correctly in Studio. Any ideas? TIA Rick Miell

I get the error message when I test my application from my laptop, which is connected to the network. My communication is using RSLinx. In Studio, I have my communication setup as AB_ETH-1,ethernet, in which I have the ip address of the ENI, set for the Micrologix 1200 device. This takes a little danciing to get selected, because when browsing in AB_ETH-1, it auto selects the 1761-NET-ENIW as it's device, using the ip address I have set it up for (xxx.xxx.1.100). I have to add a new device (microLogix 1200) with an ip address of xxx.xxx.x.101, then delete the eni, then rename the ML1200 as xxx.xxx.x.100. Am I doing it wrong? Rick Edited by rmiell

Mine will show me both ENI and Panel View Address, I assume you are using a router and you are trying to communicate to your Panelview. So if you if you have Studio open and RSlinx Selected from the communication tab you should see both the ENI and the Panelview if has been added. If not you may need to add your Panel View. Also your Panel View must be setup for Ethernet not DF1.Electrode

Ah, therein lies one of my problems. I am not using an panelview. I want to use RSView ME station on a computer to run an application to order the ML1200 around. Rick