Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ParaffinPower

CS/CJ multitasking

5 posts in this topic

Hi all. Couple of queries. (from CXProg help) This I didn't know. If I have 5 cyclic programs, they get processed together? When does the I/O get refreshed? One more thing, I can't seem to declare a program as "Power on"... Any ideas? Thanks, guys Pp

... Have a read of the programming W394 manual section 4 on tasks. The PLC does not 'multi task', it scans cyclic tasks sequentially (by task number), and jumps to execute interrupt tasks as they occur. You can make the 'Peripheral Processing' run in parallel to help optimise communications etc. Also see operation manual W393 section 10 (CPU operation) IO Refresh occurs after the last cyclic task. Nibroc Edited by Nibroc

Hi Nibroc That's as I thought it happens, it's just when I stumbled across the "true multitasking" line in the CxProg help that got me wondering. Thanks for the reply

Hello ParaffinPower, Power On tasks are available for the CV /CVM Series PLCs. Regards anonymous

You can turn tasks on and off using the ladder functions TKON, TKOFF. Why not just turn the task on for the 'first scan' ?? nibroc