Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tom.ganc

modem connection problem

3 posts in this topic

Hi there I have really serious problem with communication to PLC I am using FX1N PLC with Westermo modem TD33 connected to PLC via RS232 cable (RS232 card fitted to PLC) I tell you what I have in normal cases like this: 1. Im dialing modem using Hyper Termnal in windows. Program is dialing, modem is answering (fax tone) and when I am connected I'm getting message CONNECTED 9600 - that should be In this case I have message CONNECTED 9600 and hundreds of zeros and strange crap on screen. It looks like some noise added to my connection. Could You tell me why I have this noise?? thanks Tom

It can happen if FX1N plc is sending you data. There may be a RS iinstruction in the plc sending data. Normally PLC only answers, doesn't send data when connected. Or maybe you are connected to a wrong device, it happens :) happened a lot to me.

I agree to fanfruk. If no RS instruction is active, check the settings of the modem. The data format of FX1N communication is 7E1, therefore i'd recommend to set the modem dip switches to this data format. Which AT commands are set in the westermo modem profile? I'd recomend to turn off compression, result codes and flow control. Try this command at PLC side: AT%C0"H0E0Q1V1S0=2&D0&K0&W0 We have some startup guides on our website, mainly for our own modems, but you'll also find commands for westermo modems: Check out: http://www.tixi.com/fileadmin/tixi/images/...tsubishi-FX.pdf