Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TConnolly

Proworx vs FasTrak Workshop32 for Modicon

2 posts in this topic

Proworx vs FasTrak Workshop32 for Modicon Does anybody here have any experience with FasTrak PLC Workshop32 for Modicon software? How does it contrast with Proworx software? (Proworx NXT or Proworx-32.) I am in need of an additonal license for Modicon 984LL programming. If you work for Telemecanique or FasTrak and/or have any professional bias, I still welcome your opinion, just please say so, in fact, I want to hear your pitch. Edited by Alaric

I have worked with both. I used to work for a Modicon distributor, so I had access to both ProWORX NxT and ProWORX 32. ProWORX 32 was buggy poorly written garbage, at least as far ahead as 1.11, not sure about 2.0. ProWORX NxT was decent but 16-bit. Some preferred the old DOS MODSOFT over the ProWORX packages. I also had a chance last year to work with Fastrak for a customer who had bought theirs. To be perfectly honest, it was a far better package. It had better screen update times when online monitoring, didn't crash all the time, and worked nicely. Of course it has a hardware key (USB or parallel) to prevent illegal copies. Careful not to bang the key while working, don't want to break it or your USB port. (I do not work for Fastrak or Modicon, and don't really work much with Modicon PLCs anymore, not for a couple of years now). I think Jim from Fast-Soft also reads these groups and would agree.