Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
controlfreak810

panelview 600 to compactlogix via 1768-enbt

5 posts in this topic

I'm mid way through my first logix5000/motion/ethernet I/P project and I'm stuck on addressing between a panelview 600 and compactlogix via a 1768-enbt ethernet module. I've managed to get all comms working and can "see" all related items via linx, but I does anyone know of any good links or can anyone shed some light for the addressing between the panelview and the compactlogix (L43 processor)?? I've downloaded several of the user manuals, but I'm still stuck on the addressing. I'm simply trying to send and read a floating point value and when I try to validate the panelview program I get a "address is invalid" error in PB32. I'm sure if I can get pointed in the right direction on this, I can work (stumble) my way through the rest of the project!! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Are you adding your tags under ControllerAddress of the tag editor?

TWControls, Yes, I have the tag filler:I.data[0] through filler:I.data[110] added under my controller tags in RS5000, but I'll be honest, I have no idea at this point what this info means!!!

Actually I was asking about Panelbuilder 32 but then it occurred to me that you did not specify whether we are talking about a Standard Panelview or a Panelview Plus. Which one is it? 1768-ENBT is a new module to me. I have not read the user instructions on it but if there are no special notes in it saying to set it up differently or the same as a Compactlogix with a built in Ethernet port. Normally with RsView and the Panelview Plus you can browse the tags online. Have it on an Ethernet network and goto the tag. This would probably be the easiest way. If none of that works I think I would contact Rockwell Support and ask them how to do it since I believe this is a fairly new module. Please come back and let us know your results. I have uses for the 1768-ENBT but have not got a hold of one yet

Just to update, I finally got through my problem a couple of weeks ago thanks to a few calls to Rockwell tech support, and several to a friend much smarter than I. In PB32 under the communications tab you need to add the node name and address, and my in my case I needed to add a path which is 1 0. This apparently tells the info from the PV how to get to the processor. The 1 means to go to backplane, and the 0 means the slot of the processor (I also found out the hard way that there is a space between the 1 and 0!!). My next issue was what controller to select for the node type. In my case a Compactlogix 1768-enbt is not as option, so I'm using the Controllogix 5000. I also learned that in RS5000 you do not need to add a PV to the 1768-enbt module. Once I got all of this info, floating point data is very simple to set up. I have not yet been able to figure out how to add a simple pushbutton to the PV using a BOOL data type. I have however learned that you can set the pushbutton data type to DINT and address the button in RS5000 as follows- start_pb.0 for a simple xio/xic etc. Hope this info helps, and thanks to those who were able to shed some light!!!