Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Smoke

MSG to Kepware

4 posts in this topic

I have another MSG question. We use Kepware as our OPC Server. Can I preform a MSG to see if my workstation is started up on the coms box computer. Thanks

I guess you are still talking about Controllogix. I have never done this with Kepware but it should work. I have done it with RsLinx. I guess you could call it a ping over CIP Message Type - CIP Generic Service Type - Device Who Ignore what it returns, just look for the Err and ExErr to be something besides 0. If they are then there is a communiations problem. You could then use the actual error code to narrow down what is causing the problem

Thanks for the reply TW. That didnt give me what I was hoping for. I just got off the phone Rockwell's Tech support and it dosent look like I can do what I was trying to.

What did it do? The error code may have been unsupported service (Can't remember the exact code). I did this once to see if a computer was working that had no type of communications software (Kepware, RsLinx). This should still work but I don't have the program I used to do it with. Just look for the code to be NEQ to the normal (computer is working) code. Also you must put MOV instructions before you execute your MSG instruction to capture your ERR and ExERR values. If you don't when you reexecute your MSG it will clear the error codes. Below is one I use for a PC