Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
death adder

PanelView Plus 1000 questions

3 posts in this topic

Hi, I have a couple of questions about the PanelView Plus 1000. First, I just loaded firmware 4.0 (and RSView 4.0 on my PC), and I noticed we can now have both Windows-linked and regular users. When I "Test Application" on my PC (Windows XP), the Windows-linked users work just fine. However, when I load this same app onto my PanelView and try to logon with a Windows-linked user, I get the error: "Login of user 'xxxxxxx' failed. Insufficient access rights." I assume it's on the same domain, because I can ping it (both IP and device name) from my PC. In fact, I only access it through ethernet. Perhaps that is a bad assumption? At any rate, please let me know if you have any suggestions. Secondly, what operating system does this PanelView Plus 1000 run? Is it Windows CE? Thanks for all of your help! Edited by death adder

I believe the Panelview Plus must be part of a Domain to use Windows users. It runs on a Windows CE operating system

Thanks for the info! I guess I'll have to figure out how to put it on our domain... Also, do you know where I can find official documentation stating that Panelview Plus runs on Windows CE? I've looked at the user manual and a few other resources at ab.com, and so far I am unable to find the official word. It would be extremely helpful. Also, I can find it again.. but I thought I read somewhere that panels running Windows CE won't allow NT logins.. could this be another possible reason? Maybe I'm remembering incorrectly.*** Thanks again! ***[EDIT] It's in RSView help, under "Set up security" -> "RSAsset Security" -> "Security in RSView 4.0" ... However, authenticated users are not supported on Windows CE platforms. For that reason, applications that test satisfactorily on Windows 2000/XP desktop computers may perform differently after being downloaded to the CE terminals Edited by death adder