Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Datman

RSView and panelview 700

4 posts in this topic

Hi guys wondering if anyone can help me with something im trying in vain to achieve with Rsview. I am new to this software and panelview's. Because of the way my data is being stored in the plc ( micrologix 1500 ) I have run into problems. What i essentially need to do, is have one display which loads a different parameter file depending on which goto display button is pressed. Thats all very well. But, I need to set a different tag to br 'true' depending upon which parameter file has been loaded, so that my plc knows where to store the data. I can not find any way of setting a different tag value for each parameter file ( or goto display button that has been pressed if you like ) to show which parameter file has been loaded. An easy solution is just to create 8 displays for the 8 goto displayb buttons, and each display run its own macro to set the tag on startup. However i would prefer just to use the one display. Hope this makes some sort of sense to you... any help much appreciated, getting very disgruntled with the panelview / rsview system!! cheers guys.

First of all welcome to MrPLC Datman I guess you can tell by the replies that we aren't quite understanding you Let's see if we can clarify this. First we are working with a Micrologix 1500 and a Panelview Plus 700. You are saying RsView but I am guessing that you are talking about RsView ME which is just for creating Panelview Plus programs so let's forget the RsView for now. You are wanting to have 8 buttons or perhaps a multistate selector to display 8 different sets of data. Why are you wishing to use macros to switch between sets of data instead of switching between them in the Micrologix depending on the state of you selector? This is the way I would normally do it Are the parameters that you are switching between similar but just for different setups? How many parameters are you displaying? A picture might even be nice to explain it

I thought i may have been a little vague the parameters i am loading are similar, but for different setups as you say. ill try and explain better what i am doing... i have a list of data, which i am using a control list selector to display. each caption (row value) has a tag placeholder, ( eg #5) which points to the corresponding tag in whichever parameter file has been loaded. when enter is pressed, the corresponding state value is sent to a tag in the plc. Because of the way the data is being stored in the PLC, i need this tag to be different depending on which parameter file has been loaded. That is essentially what i need to do, find a way of telling the plc which parameter file has been loaded into the display. It would be good if the goto display button which takes me to the display, was able to set a tag as well as load the parameter file. Thus i would know which parameter file had been loaded. Making any sense? I wont delve into depths about how my plc program works... Im new to this so im probably doing it the most inefficient way possible! cheers

I would suggest you use indirect addressing. Let's say one of the values you have configured your display tags for in the Panelview is N7:0. And let's say your data that you want to index through is in N14. Then let's say your control list selector is going to N7:1. Then to index through N14 you would address N14:[N7:1]. This way if your control list selector value is 2 it would direct it to N14:2, if it was 5 it would point to N14:5 See picture below. If you give you data values you are using we can try to fit this to your actual values