Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tank_Harvey

Comparing RX7i Logic PLC files

4 posts in this topic

Hi This has probably been asked before however I cannot find any reference to it in the fourm I have two Proficy V5.5 RX7i programs (actually from the same PLC on different dates). I want to compare them to highlight any difference in them. What is the best way to do this? I don't have access to a spare PLC at the moment and don't want to put either copy on the server manager. I want to compare two programs just using the Logic Developer – PLC interface? Can this be done? or third party utility? Cheers

There are couple of ways that I know of, all will cost you, some in money others in time. 1. You can purchase the 'Change Management' software module from GE Fanuc. 2. On the install CD you will find a program called 'CSDiff.zip' under the 'Manager Tools' directory, install this and READ/Understand all documentation. With this you can compare the 'text' version of a Block (yes one block at a time). To get the text version: open a block, Ctrl-A, Ctrl-C, open "Notepad.exe' and Ctrl-V. BTW you can develop logic in notepad or Excel or any program that you can copy ASCII text from by typing the proper sytax. 3. Borrow or purchase a duplicate system, without I/Q will work, Load one program into the CPU and the other in Proficy ME go 'Online' then select 'Target' > 'Compare'

There is a program you can purchase, from your GE Fanuc distributor, GE Compare. It is much lower cost than change Proficy Change Management (PCM) and some features are not functin yet in PCM, for Machine Edition (ME). It will compare 2 ME PLC targets in the same or separate projects, compare ME PLC to LM90 PLC or ME PLC to VP or LM90 to LM90 or VP to VP or LM90 to VP or VP to LM90, etc. and publishes in HTML so your I.E. browser will give you a graphical view of the Ladder, you can see the differences between logic. The part# BC646MPT001 for a Single site Lic. with SAFE support. Edited by GEPLC

Just got beck from Holidays Thanks for comments.. will give them a try