Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dellae

Devicenet Explicit Message Builder

3 posts in this topic

Is there an equivilant to the "Devicenet Explicit Message Builder" (in the downloads section of this site) available for CX-One? And before anyone suggests talking to my local Omron rep - I am in New Zealand. I am responsible for an industrial site that has a large number of CPM2, CQM1, C200H, CS1 PLCs & Danfoss VLT5000 drives. (Trouble is I am a Modicon programmer) I have started a site wide network infrastructure upgrade - Plan is on upgrading most of the PLCs to CJ1 series, Devicenet & ethernet, plus adding CJ1s for the new projects. There are a number C200H & CS1 PLCs that are on controllerlink that will not be touched. I have just implimented an upgrade on one section where we used a CJ1H-CPU43 and devicenet to control the vsds via DM area commands + NE1A Safety CPU. However for the SCADA system (ifix) I need to extract other iinformation from the drives (and safety system) that is not available via the 4 words that Danfoss allows. The Danfoss manuals only reference to any of this is that their drives are compliant with ODVA (pitty about the lack of documentation on ODVA site) Danfoss NZ could only tell me that they know some people do use their drives with devicenet, and not much else. And to compund the problems we have Syncpos in some of the drives as well for accurate position control. I have been googling for anything I can find and have read other drive manufacturers manuals about devicenet explicit messaging and I belive I understand the basics. (looks similar to modbus plus messaging) and the Omron manual on the Explct command. Where I am coming unstuck is the sequence of bytes to form the message to extract the various parameters within the drives. The Omron devicenet manual does have a very good table but I am struggling on how to relate that to the info I want from the drives. I am wondering if I am flogging a dead horse. On the recent upgrade I had to configure the devicenet network (with the help of Omron) as the head PLC contractor was just not interested and preferred to continue to use hard wired I/O for all drive communication.

Hi I have this file for Danfoss VLT2800/devicenet. I no it is not the same model you are using but maybe it can solve your problem anyway. Banker DevicenetDanfoss2800.pdf

Hi, Thanks for that - yes it has the table of Object classes that is missing from the VLT5000 manuals. With a bit of luck it will be the same. It also confirms my fears about the limitations of Danfoss drives and network communications. One of the main limitations of the Danfoss drives with network communications is that there is only a maximum of 4 words I/O in memory data transfer mode. Not much use when you have a syncpos card fitted and you also need data for it as well as the basic drive function. Never mind I only need to get this particular installation sorted and there will be no more. Some of the other upgrades that involved more complex configurations have now been changed to another manufacturer and there will be no more Danfoss installations in any of our sites anywhere in the world. Just a pity we didn't know about this before we started down this path.