Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pierre

Block Move in IEC1131 ?

7 posts in this topic

I'm sitting at my desk and trying to do a freaking data movement in this ware and just don't find the good therm in my search for the good command. I want to copy some data inside a bank of 100 consecutive registers to another region. So from %MW0 to %MW99 to >>> %MW100 to %MW199. Used to simpler BMOVE command but with this one I search and cannot find it. Thanks,

If I am not mistaken IEC 1131 is the programing language standard. What software are you using?

That is the point, it should be software irrelevant. I was searching for "indexes" and in IEC1131 its called "array" and come in the form EX: %MB0(0) ... %MB0(1)... etc. What I want to find is what is the command syntax or satructure or whatever its called in english :( By the way the ware is GMWIN 4.0 from LGIS. Edited by Pierre

I think you will find that each manufacture make there software uniquely there own but have most fo the same functions. What you need to find is something that will move or copy for a length. Like Allen Bradley has a move command but will only move 1 register at a time. You can use a copy command for a length though. In GE the Move command is for a length.

Holly Smoke I know 'bout them "Myne is the best way to program" softwares, I just thought that with this standard I could find a keyword that would at least steer me in the wright direction. I prgrammed some other part of this application but soon I will have to deal with this issue. To bad the word standard is not what it used to be Thanks for the moral support!

I also have seen the command "WBMOV" Word Block MOVe. this link, you'll have to register though to download the pdfs. Perhaps it's in one of the manuals. Try

GRRRRRRREAT!!!! That's what I was looking for. Today its mother's day but tomorrow night in my hotel room (leaving for Miami) I will certainly look it up. This software does not tell it all. I am using some functions names that don't even appear in the list of available function. Like if I was to know them, like if the standard preveals and its me to know them. Will give feedback later this week. Bravo! Perhaps it's in one of the manuals. Try Edited by Pierre