Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RiverAmy

Power Failure problem...Help

3 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm having some trouble...I was called from a plant, they had a power failure and when rebooting the MMI's didn't come on. they had to unplug and replug them. i was looking over the help file in Control Logixs 5000 and i found a Power-Up Header. this seems like i need to program something in there for them so that when the power is lost and comes back on then it will all work like it would normally run. thanks Amy Edited by RiverAmy

You shouldn't need anything the power up handler for that. Sound more like a problem on the network. What it a power failure or a flicker. Flickers will give you more problems than failures usually. What type of network is it and what type of HMI is it Edited by TWControls

I just looked at all my Rs5000 programs which used Ethernet, Devicenet, DF1 and DH-485 and all the power up handlers do is check for a major fault and if there is one, log it and clear it to attempt to put the controller in run mode. No network resets. If it is Devicenet check to see if the HMIs are set to hold on a network fault or if they are set to resume communications. I can't remember the proper terms and don't have RsNetworks on this computer but this causes trouble sometimes on a flicker or short power failure. The power is off long enough for the network to go down but not for the device to completely power down