Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
markn

Comm 1 config again

6 posts in this topic

Hi Guys, Thanks for the gentle response for my last posting. I am still having no luck connecting to the Micrologix 1000 thru Rslinx. I have been able to load the driver ok but I am getting a "Failed to find the Baud and Parity" error message. When I check for Whos ACTIVE, I can see my computer (node 0) and the AB DF1 485 driver, thru autobrowse-- node 0 found node 1 not found. In RSlogix I get a"Diagnostics failed 0x3" error message. I have followed the advice of disabling the Fax and Telephony Services on my laptop and have even reformatted and reloaded the OS so that I am only running the RS software. Obviously, I am overlooking something simple. Anyway to check that RSlinx is actually using the serial port?

First, Does the serial port that RSLinx has been assigned to use exist in the WinXP device manager? Is it a built in serial port? Or is it a USB-Serial? The RSlinx driver should be of type "RS232 DF1". The device in the configuration dialog should be set to SLC-CH0 if Auto-config is not successful. Edited by jstolaruk

Yes, the serial port is visible in the WIN2000 device manager and it is a builtin serial port. Is there a way to test the serial port. I've had this Gateway laptop for many years an have never needed to use the serial port

i ran into this one time and i had similar problems. i had to uninstall the serial port and let windows find it again. the micrologix has to be plugged in and powered up before the driver can autoconfig. but one big thing was that the BIOS was set up by the IT guys to disable the ports. after enabling i still had to reinstall the port for some reason

Markn, is your RSLinx driver the one I pointed out? Are you up to date on your Win2K service packs? IIRC, there was a big Win2K service pack (2 maybe) that made a lot of changes to the OS but its best to be up to date. As far as testing, you can make a loop back cable connecting pins 2&3, and run Hyperterminal with no handshaking. Everything you type should be reflected back. Edited by jstolaruk