Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jaccov

Program protection

5 posts in this topic

I am want to make an protection on the PLC program. What I want is, after for example an specified date and the customer have not payed for the installation, the PLC-program must be blocked. Only I want to make this in a function block (that can be protected in CX v6) so another PLC programmer cannot solved this protection. Who can advice me,

Sure, you can. Use an internal clock timer and a control relay and/or jump subroutine in function block. If I know your PLC model, I can explain in detail. Good luck Edited by naing

Hi, Please be patient. I am trying to program a sample code using CX programmer V5.0. I have decided to post it here using PDF format.

Using the PLC program protection inbuilt, you could make it part of a compulsary site visit machinery check to validate to the warranty, then if they have paid remove it at that time, if not well leave it protected. Another alternative is to be honest and just explain that the PLC program has been password protected and you will provide them with the password uppon payment of the bill.