Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
naresh_pt

QJ17C24N SERIAL Module

2 posts in this topic

Hi, I am working on Q Series of PLCS (Q2 & Q12PH). I am trying to communicate the PLCs with serial Server using serial communication modules QJ71C24N. I have managed to do communicattion between the Server(PC) & the individual PLCs using the RS232 Port on the Modules. Now I want to do use RS485/422 multidrop n/w i.e. PC(Server) communicates with Q2 PLC on RS232(which is working now) ,Q2 & Q12 PLCS are connected on RS 485/422 Ports. I want to do communication betwwen PC(Server) & Q12 PLC through Q2 PLC. can anybody tell me the software switch settings in GXDeveloper for this. Secondly How to configure the port as RS422 or RS485, as this will decide the terminating resistors value. current switch setting : for Q2 : SW1 7E7 SW2 5 SW3 737 SW4 5 SW5 0 for Q12: SW1 7E7 SW2 5 SW3 737 SW4 5 SW5 1 MRPLC_Q.bmp

Why didn't you use Ethernet cards instead of C24s? Price is same as C24 cards but you can have more connectios, they are way faster etc. Anyway, I understand that you want Q2 to act as a pass through server so your PC can also communicate with Q12, but I'm not sure if this is possible this way. For that to work Q2 PLC would have to act as a server. If this is supported everything will be fine the way you sketched it. If not and you only want to exchange few words of information, you can still write PLC logic that will do it.I would try making a proper network, so PC can talk to both PLCs independently. In that case everything will have to be on a same network (even PC), something like this (you can omit RS232 connection and RS232/485 completely if you instal 485 card in your PC):