Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Big Country

Mitsubishi A0J2 series

6 posts in this topic

I have a old Mitsubishi PLC and would like to add a HMI for the maintenace to trouble shoot problems on the machine that it controls. My question is it possible for a Mitsubishi touchscreen to work with this old of a PLC? Thanks, Big Country

if you have the A0J2C214-S1 extension module too, its very easy with actual hardware. Every RS422 compatible MAC-text-panel (E-50...E300) from beijers - today named "cymrex" -i think- can be connected. -uups- you wanted a touch panel - srry i don't know 'bout this - but the reason for your panel - maintenance things - should be carried out with a text panel as well. Edited by DarloK

Will I need to change anything in the program, because it is wrote to the eprom and I don't have any way to change the program only monitor it. I was going to use another PLC and tie the I/O in parallel and write trouble codes based on the states o fthe inputs to my aux PLC, this is a very expensive way to do it but I could'nt think of any thing else. Thanks for your reply I will look into it. I know that some display can be triggered from an external output. Is that how this one works?

again ... do you have a RS-422 connection on your system? if yes, i think it's easy to handle with up to date hardware ~500 EUR if no ... i dunno and another thing ... if you dont have access to the old sourcecode (the old plc program WITH comments) you will have a HARD job to modify this ... if u are a maintenance guy keep your fingers from this ... and calculate your boss the hours he needs to pay for your work against the hardware costs of an up-to-date PLC Edited by DarloK

You can connect any of the Mitsubishi (Beijers) touchscreens (E615 or E910) to the RS422 port of the processor. The older GOT terminals can use this rs422 port also, and I believe that some of the GOT terminals offer an interface direct to the backplane expansion port

The latest and greatest GOT1000 units support connection to the serial port on the AOJ2. Grab the GOT1000 Connection Manual from www.meau.com and you'll see the configuration. You shouldn't need to change the PLC program, as the GOT will access the data right where it sits. Go to www.meau.com, pick Downloads, Manuals, Industrial Automation, HMI, then GOT1000 and all the manuals that pertain to the GOT1000 will be there. If you're looking for a low cost 5.7" 256 color touch screen, try the GT1155 (or 1150 if you want grayscale). The GT15 end of the line goes up to 15" touch screens.