Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gruntstripe

OP 17 HMI

3 posts in this topic

Hi, Is it fact that a project can only be uploaded to an OP17 but not downloaded from it? I have been told this but having just pulled the manual of Siemens website and had a brief perusal can't see any statements to this effect. I need to backup the programs from 6 OP17s we have in our plant because this has not been undertaken previously and we will experience some serious bother if we 'lose' any of them. We have PRO-TOOL LITE V6.0. Tried to connect to a couple of panels lying around our workshop today but could not establish a comms connection. Using cable 6XV1440-2KH32. Any tips / pointers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hallo, Yes, you can do a backup of programs from OP17. In Protool, File>Download>Backup... you have two options: complete backup (all program) or recipes backup. All datas are saved in a file. And to download from PC to OP select in Protool File>Download>Restore... (select the name's file saved previous). Note: OP17 must be in download mode (ready for transfer message). I hope I have helped you. Regards, Berg

Hi , With PROSAVE But you can't edit the file (compiled,not a source file). Diego