Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Smoke

China

5 posts in this topic

Have any of you spent any time in China, I am going to Shanghai for about 4 months and I was hoping for some info about food, culture, or anything to expect.

Hi there J Have spent the last couple of months working and travelling to and from China and have found it not a problem and am soon to go back next month. If you are travelling alone make sure you have your routes planned out in advance and have instructions to places written in Chinese and English, as the taxi drives do not speak any English. Also a mobile phone with a contact number of someone who can speak English is a great help. At the hotel receptions pick up the hotel card, as it will have a “please take me to my hotel” written on it. Talk to the bell hops and reception as they speak excellent English and are a good source of help and information on what to do and how to get there. Mobile networks Not a problem for American networks as I worked with an American college who had no problem using his phone. I hope you like spicy food. Speaking as a fussy eater, I loved it and tried everything that was put in front of me. Money Cash machines every where. Best advice. Always carry toilet paper with you at all times, you can laugh now reading this but you won’t be laughing later as you will get caught out at some point. Pubs and clubs As there are loads of German car plants in and around shanghai, some clever fella opened an excellent German theme bar, with good food, beer and live music every other night and is well worth a visit. (Cant remember the name, to much beer) Also you got to love the Irish as they have set up camp too and you can live on Guinness alone if you don’t like the food J

Thanks for the info

Anybody hiring? Sounds like my kinda place.

excellent report ilsk8