Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
markysparky

bulletin 1774

28 posts in this topic

(Granted, I have never plugged into a 1774 PLC, but...) I'm pretty sure the PLC-2 software is advertised as for 1774 PLC *or* PLC-2, isn't it?

Is the originator (MarkySparky) of this topic still involved? I would recommend that you use what you and your maintenance crews are familiar with. There are many reasons to use different PLCs, but you still have to be able to support it. I replaced over a dozen of these original 1774 PLCs in the last twenty years. The last one in 2001. Be glad you have 1771 I/O. I had to replace 1778 I/O years ago. As far as converting PLC(1) to SLC, I would manually convert it. Your program is small and by the time you find software to convert and figure out how it works... you would have had the manual conversion done. And if you use a conversion utility, you still need to verify the conversion. When you convert, watch out for MCRs and Rack Fault Zones. Zones were used to make the logic respond properly to rack faults (ie. turn off outputs associated with a different failed I/O rack). Also, I used clerks and electricians to type in the descriptions and had an electrician re-enter the code. Then I verified and corrected it.

i'm still involved mate and thanks for your advice i think thats the way we are going to go as we have engineers that have dealt with this sort of plc software and have done for many years it would be crazy to start and re-train from scratch again