Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Logix07

Panelview With Contrologix 5000

2 posts in this topic

im using the contrologix 5000 to communicate with PV550 via controlnet. When i created an ascii input on the PV550, i received an error code "write fail, node =1". The data type of write tag and address of the ascii input on the PV550 is defined as string array. The contrologix tag address of the ascii write tag is also defined in string(type) and the scope is directed to the controller. When power cycle to the PV550 an error message with : 636 communication interface alert :- Initial write fail node = 1 press any key to continue. It looks like the PV550 is trying to search for the tag assigned in the controller but fail to get it but the tag with correct data type are defined in the PV550 and controller itself. Any idea regarding this?

First of all just to clarify, though I don't think there is a Panelview Plus 550, you are talking about a Standard Panelview aren't you? I am more familiar with Ethernet Panelview so some of this may be incorrect. First, lets say your Controllogix string is called WriteString. Are you addressing it in the Panelview as WriteString or WriteString.Data[0]. The second method would be correct in a Standard Ethernet Panelview. Also, make sure your length of your charactor array in the Panelview Software matches the length of you display field Edited by TWControls