Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vettedrivr

Problems With Panelview Display

3 posts in this topic

I'm having a problem with a machine that has a SLC 5/05 connected to a panelview 300 through an AIC+ module. The problem is the panelview writing date and time information to the SLC 5/05 time and date registers. In the SLC program I read the time and date registers as a data storage function but nothing ing the program writes to these registers. No data in the SLC time/date registers gets over written with the cable to the panelview unplugged. I know the is a timed write function in the panelview to send data to these registers and the time interval can be changed. Does anyone know how to disable this function? Or at least get the panelview to write the correct info to the SLC Registers? Normal tags work fine. When looking at the SLC date and clock registers I see Day Of Week S:53L = Saturday, Date S:39-37 = 24 3 6. When I click on the set time and date button it changes to: Day of Week S:53L = Friday, Date S:39-37 = 24 3 2006. After a minute when the panelview writes to the controller it jumps back to Saturday 24 3 6. I have tried setting the date and time on the panelview and I have tried reloading the panelview application with the year setting on the 4 digit setting. Nothing works. Also it should be known that there are 4 of these machines running the same program and hardware configurations and they all do the same thing. The panelview shows 2006 in the year window of the time and date setup screen but writes a 6 to the SLC register. What am I missing??? Edited by vettedrivr

I think in the SLC you need to set your Time Status Tags in Panelbuilder to write to an integer(N) file, then in your SLC ladder use the MOV instruction to put the Integer values in S:37 - 42 Edit - You are able to communicate with normal tags between the SLC and Panelview aren't you? Edited by TWControls

Ok, 1st thing vettedrivr, don't edit your post to reply, add another reply that way people will realize you responded. I just happened to be viewing your thread and noticed your answer The Panelview will send the Year in the form of two digits(06). Instead of putting S:37 in the year status tag, put an Integer(N) tag. Then in your ladder add 2000 to the Integer coming from the Panelview and then move it to S:37. That will patch it for the next 94 years