Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ParaffinPower

Smartslice Eds

7 posts in this topic

Hi Anyone know where I can download the EDS file for SmartSlice? Developing a system, and wondering how the I/O size from each node is determined? Thanks. Pp

I assume you have CX-One, and are usign CX-Integrator to configure your network. I just had a quick look, but there are no Smartslice EDS files in C:\Program Files\OMRON\CX-One\CX-Integrator\Eds, only for the interface unit GRT1-DRT. There should be a manual which has the in/out size information. Will have a look.

For the slice I/O you need to upload V1.1 with auto upload of CX-One. When you have mounted the slice I/O, and when the power on the GRT1-DRT is on, you put dipsw. 1 from off to on. The the GRT1-DRT is reading it's configuration. Then you can upload this configuration into your Devicenet configurator and edit it. After that you can download it back into the GRT1-DRT. For the analog units you need V1.2 wich is not yet possible to download with auto upgrade of CX-One. Edited by AC DC

Sorry guys I'm a bit on the slow side today. In CX-integrator, once you placed the GRT1-DRT, you can configure the smartslice modules you have on that unit. Place a master, register the GRT1-DRT with it's configured I/O modules and it will tell you the in/out size.

Search for pdf W454-E1-01_Sliced_Comm_Unit W455-E1-01_Sliced_I_O W455-E1-02_1st (AD/Da are added)

Hi, and thanks for the replies. Found the EDS (In comms adapters rather than I/O). Looks good. Here's another CX-Integrator question. If the slave gives me 10 bytes, can I map the first two bytes to one memory area, and the rest of the bytes to another area? Thanks guys

No, I'm affraid not. And wouldn't that be messy ? The in/out words of a slave is always adjacent mapped. It always starts on the low byte (or you can choose the high byte), and you can define the start word. By default the mapping of each slave goes adjacent too, but you can have some spare words in between by changing the start word. You do have 2 memory blocks available for both the input words and the output words. Bot are 100 words in size, but you can expand to 500, and choose several memory areas where it is mapped. Hope this helps!