Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
felixxuco

Undocument Command Mb. Hostlink Protocol

2 posts in this topic

I´m a student of technique Industrial Engineering with a special field of Industrial Electronic. To carry the final of my period of study through to a successful conclusion, I´m making an emulation of a PLC Hardware in Borland C++ Builder. The aim of this study is that a PC with a Software of programation of PLC´s (SYSWIN, CX-PROGRAMMER, SCADAS,..) is connected through series-port to my study which will be installed in other PC in a way in witch my aplication can answare in the manner a PLC would do. All this, obviously, by hostlink protocol. The first thing I made was to test my programme with the SYSWIN and this worked perfectly, despite it asked me for an unknown command whose syntax was following: @<Nº nodo>MB<Parameters><FCS><*\r> Later, I sent that unknown command to a PC to see the answer I got and I discovered that after converting the weft of answer to a ASCII code, but what the PC was doing, in fact, was to identify the model of the PLC and type of CPU, besides other things: Send: @00MB2D0400013C*\r Request: @00MB008F1E0001FF3F631B01FF19FF0000,018043514D312D4350553431 2020202020203934303330352030332E303513*\r Req(ASCII): @00MB ?ÿ?cÿÿ , €CQM1-CPU41 940305 03.05 What I´m attempting to do now is to try to work with the CX-PROGRAMMER, but I realize that all the repertoire of controls HOSTLINK is got together: the MB command doesn´t use the “official commands, it sends repeatedly the MB command but with different parameters for the different functions: to read the memory, to change the way of operating, etc… I need it to work with the CX-PROGRAMMER and CX-SUPERVISOR, and I´ve realized that both use the CX-SERVER to communicate with the PLC. Is there any way to shape the CX-SERVER to make it to send the “official” commands in the same way the SYSWIN does? I think the key to this whole problem must surely be in the change of the driver in the CX-SERVER. Am I right? Does that driver exist?. I would be grateful if you could send me any suggestion in order to solve this problem and I could make it compatible with CX-PROGRAMMER and CX-SUPERVISOR. Thank you for your assistance in this matter.

Check out the Omron 'CX-Server Lite' product. It provides a simple programming interface to CX-Server and can be used along side CX-Programmer and CX-Server from Excel, Visual Basic or other ActiveX programming tools.