Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nileshsurya

I/o Redundancy

4 posts in this topic

hi thr all plc ppl i want to design a system(infact 2 systems) where I/O redundancy is desired one is PLC -5 based(with 1771-series i/o's) and another is CLX based (CPU is L55) and with FLEX i/O's. i want to do something called as ONLINE AUTO -I/O testing software in the PLC logic does anybody has an Idea as to how to approach on this point in the PLC-5 as well as CLX system. if anybody has done this before and has a sample PLC ladder code or even some documentation regarding to that. it will be very thankful if i get help from all u guys also i would like to know if there is any method by which the same can be achieved without writing special ladder code(ie:through the use of some special hardware or so) waiting for reply from all u PLC guys Thnx in Advance Regards NileshSURYA

As far as the PLC-5, I can't help you. There are a lot of people doing Controllogix redundancy now and I have read some manuals on it. That is as far as I have gone. I do know the big thing is if you want networking with your redundancy you need to use Controlnet. Redundancy is not supported fully by Ethernet/IP If you want some responses to this topic, think about splitting it into two topics. One titled Controllogix Redundancy and one titled PLC-5 Redundancy. It might catch a few more eyes. I am afraid I have told you about all I know about redundancy that you can't read in the manuals. I have never personally used it

i have heard tht there is an AUTO -I/O testing standard code for AUTO I/O testing for the PLC -5 platform does anybody have that or some documentation regarding that it would be of gr8 help thnx in advance Regards NileshSURYA