Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DIAMS

Slc 5/04 Serie B And 1794-ie8

6 posts in this topic

Hello, I'm French and I'm sorry for my US. My configuration is an SLC5/04 serie B with 1x1747-SN serie B, 1x1794-ASB serie C and 1x1794-IE8. Can I get the analog value without upgrading my PLC to serie C ? If yes, how I should do ? Thank you, Ph. Diamantino

You can build your own block transfer by moving data back and forth between the scanner module M files and the PLC. However, it can be difficult to determine exactly which portion of the M file contains the data you desire. I would start by downloading the scanner manual. You can find a link to all the AB manuals in the FAQ section. It will be much cheaper in the long run ( time is money) to upgrade the firmware to Series C, and use the BTW and BTR instrucions. The last time I Checked the firmware upgrade was around $75.00USD. I am sure the price has changed, but it does not take much time or frustration to equal 75.00.

Thank you for your answer, This PLC is for a personnal use, do you know where I can buy this upgrade ? Thank you,

How far are you from an Allen-Bradley distributor? I used to invite people to bring in their 5/03s and 5/04s, and I would upgrade them for free in the office. Since it doesn't cost anything (but a little time.. which is well spent in maintaining customer relations) your local distributor should do that for you as well.

Hello Sparky, Thank you for your offer but I live in France. I have an offer for an upgrade to Series C Rev 5 for $35. Is it a good offer ? Philippe

Yes