Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
frank.raymond

1784 Ktxd

6 posts in this topic

Does RSLinx have the drivers for the 1784KTXD board? I installed the board on a P3 W2000 box. During startup I thought it would prompt me for a driver but it didn't. I then loaded RSLinx and tried to configure the board. I got an error indicating not able to map.?.? What am I missing here. I've used AB before but never had to install and configure a board. Any help

You can start here http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/i...um522_-en-p.pdf

Och, you kids are so spoiled these days, with your Plug-and-play and your automatic drivers ! The 1784-KTXD is an ancient beast, a card for the ISA bus. Those DIP switches onboard it define it's Memory location and interrupt. Most modern PCI and PCMCIA devices automatically get these things assigned by their "plug and play" functions, but not the old ISA cards. RSLinx contains the driver; there's nothing separate to install or register. You need to match the RSLinx driver configuration with the interrupt and memory location that you set with the DIP switches. It's been a while since I had to find a free interrupt and memory location on a Windows 2000 PC. The A-B Knowledgebase should have some good hints for you regarding this card.

Eddie, Thanks for the "kid" compliment however I'm a half century old. You're talking to an old Modicon phart. My new assignment has prompted me to use an old KTXD board along with Taylor's Process Windows (not GE's Cimplicity) that does not support the PCI board version. I've tried the AB knowledgebase (good stuff there). I downloaded the NT diagnostic which did recognize both ports of the board. I currently have the interrupt set to none. I am using a bare bones P3. I'll keep plugging a way.

I can't remember what actually REQUIRES an interrupt on the KTX(D), but I know that in most cases it'll work just fine without one.

Well... I'm back and still fighting the same problem i.e. getting RSLinx to recognize my KTX board using Win2000. I tried the Rockwell knowledge database and downloaded the dianogstic which recognied the board and address. Afterwards I tried configuring the KTX but stll get the error cannot create map object ... or something to that effect. When I told my sales rep about the problem he acted surprised but as sales reps go I'm not surprised at his reaction. So I thought I would float this by the forum again and see if anyone has any ideas. Thanks for any feedback.