Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mike123

Mitsubishi A-series Enet Comms

7 posts in this topic

Need Help! I have a line that has 6 A-series cpu's (A3Acpu R21) with ENET modues (AJ71E71N-B5) I need to set up communications for them to talk to 2 Wonderware nodes. I already have a DDE/OPC driver that is compatible with Q/A series that we use to talk to a Q-series CPU w/A1SJ71QE71-B2 and it works. The reference sequence program we were looking at using is from the A-Series Ethernet users manual (Appendices 7.2) which is about 8 pages of code. I want to know if all this code is neccessay before I proceed. Do I need a seperate connection for each remote node? One node will only be reading data from the PLC, the other node may be reading and writing data to the plc's how many connections will I need? Do I need a transmit/receive for both connections? In the Sequence program it show's Connection 1 as transmit and Connection 2 as Receive do I need to add a 3rd connection (transmit) for the remote node that will be read only? If I need to add a connection is the format for laying out the data registers? the (M)'s are layed out sequencially from connection's 1 to 2 the (D)'s are not they are mixed between connections 1 & 2? I don't understand the format. Thanks Mike

Hi mike123, The task is painfull, but I have found no other way to do the Ethernet module communications setup. You should check the Wonderware docs, they sometimes have a shorter method for setting up the comms specific for their SCADA. You don't have to create a connection for transmit and another for receive. Just create one. The PC<-->PLC comms is more than capable of processing bidirectionally. The layout of the M's and D's are not related to the ethernet module unless they have used the TO command in the code that uses that D as part of the message being transferred to the card's buffer memory. You will see some thing like this TO H2 K10 D100 K5 This basically moves the contents of D100-D104 to buffer memory address 10 (K10) of the module located at head address 2 (H2). K10 = decimal 10 H2= hexadecimal 2 (which equals K2 in anyway) Hope this helps you getting started...

actually it's the other way around and this instruction makes no sense. If it was FROM then it would move content of five buffers (K5) from card with head address 2 (h2) starting from address 10 (k10) to PLC registers starting with address D100. So buffer register 10 would be copied to D100, register 11 would be copied to D101, etc. register 14 would be copied to D104. To write from PLC to buffer memory, one has to replace 2nd and 3rd parameter (eg. TO H2 D100 K10 K5). back to original question: as far as i know you would need two connections (one for each phisical device, regardless if that device is only reading or both reading and writing PLC memory). It is much simpler (read easier) if you can set it up that way (Wonderware to read and write plc memory). That way you also don't have to wory if the shared memory (D, M and whatever else you use for communicating with Wonderware) is scattered. It would be better of course to keep it organized, it also saves time needed to transfer data but that's another topic.

sorry, you are WRONG!!! panic mode, although you may have a reputation to protect, you may not attack without knowing you are right first!!! I have joined this forum with the intention of learning more from other peoples experience, not to be nailed at every post I seem to put up. I have used these plc's since I was at school and I am VERY familiar with them. I have attached, for you information, a screen shot from the Mitsubishi Applied Instructions manual. If you want, I can upload it to you downloads section. Have a nice day jsdhfakljhsd

yes you are right. i did mix it up. i do make mistakes too, otherwise i wouldn't be here. i just don't see why you consider it attack. there was nothing personal in it. if it hurts your feeling anyway, please accept my appology. i did check bunch of your posts (not all yet, i have to work now) and i fail to see how i nailed every of your posts. if i see it right there was only very few treads that had posts from both of us.

Hi Now i use HMI is intouch ver 10 but i don't know how to transfer data from PC to PLC can you help me.Receiver I can.It use module A1SJ71E71-B2-S3. thanks

i don't have time to look at it now but can you explain a bit more? what driver is used on the Intouch side and what are the settings (protocol, port...)? Can you post your code?