Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fgcastro

Cx-supervisor Device Handle Is Invalid

11 posts in this topic

If I run CX-Programmer 6.0 and then try to run a CX-Supervisor 1.25(4) application I get the following error message: Device handle is invalid. The convert feature saids "The open PLC handle is invalid" What does this mean and how to correct it ? Thank you for your help. Edited by fgcastro

Don't know this error. What comms method are you using within CXS ? (Serial, CLK, Ethernet) Have you had CX-Programmer install the latest CX-Server version too ? What version CX-Server are you running !? (see the help > about box in CX-Supervisor).

Hello fgcastro, Are you connected to the PLC with CX-Programmer? What is the PLC type? Is the CX-Supervisor project set for the correct PLC type? ...questions, questions. Regards anonymous

Hello anonymous. Yes, I am connected to the PLC with CX-Programmer. The PLC type is CJ1H-H CPU65. The PLC type in the CX-Supervisor project is CJ1H-H CPU65 as well.

Hello fgcastro, Are you sure that you are using CX-Server v1.23 ??? This version wouldn't support the CJ1H-H series - and that would help explain the 'Invalid Device Handle' message. (The Device Handle is the code for a given PLC within a project). Having said that, if the version is 1.23, you shouldn't even have CJ1H-H in the device list! Regards anonymous

I am sorry anonymous. I got the numbers swapped around. CX-Server 2.3

Hello fgcastro, Flash of inspiration. Does the '.cdm' file exist for the CX-Supervisor project? If not, then that is where the problem lies. What you will need to do is delete the PLC in the CX-Supervisor project, then re-add it. This will create the '.cdm' file which is used by CX-Server for communicating with the PLC. Hope this helps.

Oops, Forgot to mention, that the '.cdm' file (if it exists) itself may be corrupted, which means repairing the file (via DDE Manager / Project Editor) to match what is in CX-Supervisor, or deleting the '.cdm' file and re-creating the '.cdm' file from within CX-Supervisor. Note - when adding PLCs, Points etc in CX-Supervisor, these devices etc are automatically added / updated into the '.cdm' file. However, if the '.cdm' file is changed (either via DDE Manager or Project Editor), these updates are NOT ported back into the Supervisor project. Regards anonymous

Yes, anonymous the '.cdm' file is created. I always change the '*.cdm' file from within CX-Supervisor. The only possibility left like you mention is that the file is corrupt. Is there any way I can check this before deleting and recreating the file ? Thanks

Hello fgcastro, The only thing that I can suggest is opening the cdm file, and check that the PLC matches exactly that which is in the CX-Supervisor project (including the name!). If this matches, perhaps you could add another PLC (CJ1H-H CPU65) to the Supervisor project and see if that one will connect. Failing that, I fear that the only option is to delete the original cdm file then re-create the PLC within Supervisor, and hence create a new cdm file. Regards anonymous Edited by anonymous