Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ben

Ascii Read On Ch0 Of Slc5/03

3 posts in this topic

Hi, I am using 1747-L531 OS302 and RS Logix 500 V 7.00.00 (CPR 7). I'm trying to communicate with a barcode scanner. My problem is, ACB instruction shows error code 04 hex. This code says that channel 0 is configured for System and not as User. My settings are, Ch-1 DH485 (I'm using this to connect to programmer) and CH-0 System "Shutdown", Ch-0 User "Ascii". Download goes on well, no error messages! I checked bit S:33/3 which shows selection status DF1/User, it remains High. Which means the CH-0 is in System mode! Any other setting required to change Ch-0 from system to user?

This once took me hours to work out. Even technical help was useless. Goto channel configuration tab and change Channel 0 System to DH485. Then click the General Tab and change Chanel 0 Mode to User. Go back to channel configuration and change Channel 0 System back to Shutdown. That should do it.

It works fine now. Thanks! It would have taken me, don't know how long, to figure this out! What a fantastic example of User interface BUG No indication while downloading the configuration, online it shows what you've set, and still inside it is different. You'll know this only pulling half of your hairs I bet. Good that we have such an excellent medium to share what we faced before. Kudos to Mr. PLC!