Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
scottishgant

Siemens S7-300 / Opc Server

2 posts in this topic

Hi! I have a Siemens S7-300 and I need to establish a connection to a pc using labview and the respective opc server. However, I can not do it. The plc does not switch off the "stop" light and the "run" light does not stop blinking. The "BATF" anf "SF" lights are always on. Using the opc server, should the connection be established automaticaly or do I need any kind of plc related software? Thanks.

Hi scottishgant. First, use STEP7 to investigate why the SF light is ON. Is there a program in the S7-300 ?. The BATF light could indicate that it has been lost (without the battery the memory will be cleared upon a power cycle). Use the PLC .. Module Information .. Diagnostics buffer in STEP7 to find out why the SF is on. It may not be relevant to your problems with the OPC connection. Second, have you setup an OPC connection ? What software are you using ? Simatic net ? What hardware are you using ? If everything is OK, then you can test it with an OPC test client, f.ex. the OPC Scout that comes with Simatic Net.