Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
peanuts154

DL06 RS-232C Networking

2 posts in this topic

I've been working with the DL06 for approximately a year now (only PLC I've ever worked with). Now I need to get two of the things talking to eachother. I'd love to do an Ethernet system, but all four of my expansion slots are occupied. Today I spent a few hours trying to get the two talking using RS-232C through Port 2. I made my cable like this: RD-------------TD TD-------------RD CTS------------RTS RTS------------CTS GND-----------GND Assigned the secondary comm settings with my master being address 1 and slave at address 2, DirectNET. Then I just replicated the code from the DL06 manual just to test the communication, but I don't even see the lights for port 2 blinking on the PLC. Using rung like this on master PLC: |--LD | KF202 (Port 2, Slave Address 2) |_______ |-LD | K10 |_______ |-LDA | O2300 |_______ |-WX | V2000 ----------- Shouldn't I have some TX activity happening here? Am I completely missing something? Any input would be great! Edited by peanuts154

Short RTS and CTS together instead of running them to the opposite PLC. Also be sure that you are conditioning the WX rung with a NC SP116. If you have more than a single communications instruction, you must use some method of sequencing them so that only one communications instruction can be active at one time.