Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vinod.mojar

RS485 communication with Hitachi inverter drives

2 posts in this topic

13/01/2006 4PM IST Dear Sir, Can anybody help me in establishing communication between Hitachi AC Inverter Drive and PC via RS485 protocol using SC-OPE interface ? I have tried using RS232 direct port available between SC-OPE and PC. I am getting "Communication timed out " error during inverter identification process as well as " No response!' and the TX check is done only 60% and NO RX takes place. Also, when configured the SC-OPE the firmware number is detected but no other signals are handshaked. I have used PRO-DRIVE software for SJ300 / L300P Hitachi inverters. Also I have tried using Converter Cable of Hitachi but not successful. please send your replies at : balla.venugopal@gmail.com and cc copy to: atul_magar@hotmail.com

We have old Yaskawa Progic8 plc's linked with Yaskawa Servopacks contolling Positioners here in this plant and we had an issue with Comms Timing out continually mid download or mid monitoring. The issue seems to be a windows issue as we fixed it by providing a few dual boot, W2K <-> DOS, Laptops. Seeing as the Progic 8 software is DOS based, It can run under the DOS Environment and Have Yet to have a Download failure or Timeout using the Dos boot in the new Laptops. Not Sure if it's Relevant but Might put you on the right road or give you Ideas?