Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Omronix

LINK LAYER IS NOT ACTIVE

4 posts in this topic

Dear All , I am trying to make a connetion between PC and PV550. But it doesntt work... in MS-dos .. with APS - who active.. PC node is 31, 5/02 node is 1, PV 550 node is 2. upload and download from PC to CPU is working properly.. in Windows, APS -- pres ONLINE APS is saying that LINK LAYER IS NOT ACTIVE... Panel Builder software, upload/download.. Destinationnode is not active... I am using 1747-PIC and physical COM1.. Can someone have a experience with this problem..?? Thank in advance

Please don't double post. Do you have the connection as follows, PLC to PV then PIC plugged into PV with the PLC powered. You need to do it this way to ensure the PIC is receiving power from the processor (the PV can not power the PIC).

Thank you ... Connection is exactly same what you are saying. Therefore Who active result is PC node 31 , PV node 2 and 5/02 node 1 while i am working in MS-DOS..... But, in Windows ........ working with APS (link layar is not active) working with Pael builder ( destination node is not active) I am using Win98SE on the Toshiba Satelite notebook.... COM1 is phsical.... Regards...

Why are you using APS? It's been obsolete since like 1998. You will be much happier with RSLogix 500 and the latest version of Panelbuilder 32.