Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mjrx

RSLinx question

8 posts in this topic

Anyone know why: I had RSLogix 6.00 and RSLinx 2.40 installed, still not stable so I uninstalled it, tried to load my RSLogix 5.5 which has RSLinx Lite on the CD, but when installed it, the 5.5 installed OK, but the installation put 2.40 back on, not RSLinx Lite. ???

I noticed the same thing migrating from profesional back to Lite. I figured it was because I did not delete the desktop shortcut. So the window opens with the professional title but only has Lite functionality.

Thats not it. I have full 2.40 functionality. I don't get it. I have been struggling with this XP machine for awhile now. I've tried it all. . . install-uninstall, different versions, SP2, you name it. I just can't communicate at all, DF1 or PIC. I know the PIC driver has some problems with XP, but even my DF1? I have a WIN98 machine on my desk with RSLogix v5.0 and it works perfectly, all drivers. I know my serial port works because I use GX Developer, Micro-WIN for Siemens, etc, etc. I don't want to take my old WIN98 machine out every time I need to work on an A-B, so every once in awhile I try again to get RSLogix working on my new laptop with XP, but to no avail! Believe me, I'm well versed in this stuff, but this one is making me #$@!ing crazy!! I hate RSLinx!!!

See if this helps http://domino.automation.rockwell.com/appl...DB?OpenDocument

Thanks for your help, that didn't do it either. Whats ironic is this has been (Toshiba) the most rock solid computer I have ever owned, everything works flawlessly and it NEVER crashes, until I try to run RS stuff. I have no problems with RS software on my other machines (2 others a WIN98 and ME) but this one I don't know. After comm fails, sometimes I try to restart RSLogix and I get the hourglass like it's starting but it goes away and thats it. It won't start until I reboot. If I try to do autoconfigure in the driver config and it hangs, I have to do a CTRL-ALT-DEL to end the app. If I leave after a hang, sometimes I start a totally different app (AutoCAD for example) and when I try to open a .dwg file, all of a sudden RSlogix opens. I realize I might have some type of computer config problem, but I don't know where to look anymore. I have been using A-B since the earliest RSLogix and the AP stuff before that. My latest setup is RSLinx Lite 2.2, RSLogix 6.0 pro. I have Logix 5.0, 5.5 & 6.0 and Linx 2.2, 2.3 & 2.4. I have tried all the combinations, all the knowledgebase stuff, SP2 and no SP2, firewalls on and off, yada, yada. The 2.2 and 6.0 seemed to work after install but after reboot stopped again, thats why I am using those. I am trying all my other critical apps after every episode because I am worried about the instability of the RS stuff haunting me later.

I also noticed after a failure to communicate, the serial port locks up too.

Hi Guys , I had an early Toshiba laptop that would not work with , the pic driver and Iam not sure which RS 500 version . The serial port worked well for all the other brands of software I had at the time . that was (win 98 ). I ended up buying a later model laptop ( Toshiba ) with XP on it which worked fine ? Everybody that looked at the old laptop could not work out why the pic driver would not reconized the plc / pv ! Work had the same laptop & software? One of the versions of Rs 500 /v 5 or v 5.5 or links didn't work either with my XP properly but the later & prior versions works excellent and communicates fine . Problems like this cause headaches when you are new to PLC's and are trying to learn more about them !

Hi Guys , I had an early Toshiba laptop that would not work with , the pic driver and Iam not sure which RS 500 version . The serial port worked well for all the other brands of software I had at the time . that was (win 98 ). I ended up buying a later model laptop ( Toshiba ) with XP on it which worked fine ? Everybody that looked at the old laptop could not work out why the pic driver would not reconized the plc / pv ! Work had the same laptop & software? One of the versions of Rs 500 /v 5 or v 5.5 or links didn't work either with my XP properly but the later & prior versions works excellent and communicates fine . Problems like this cause headaches when you are new to PLC's and are trying to learn more about them !