Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cool341

Devicenet Slaves Online Replacement

4 posts in this topic

Hi Everybody, I am looking for some functionalities in devicenet specially for Omron Master/Slaves...... Can Anybody guide me that whether we can make online replacement for Omron Devicent Slaves Online without disturbing the Network and Process without any configurator.... To be more precise if we say i have an VFD over devicenet connected to a Devicenet Master DRM21 and it gets faulted, now i want to repalce it online without any configurator by just setting the same node number... is it possible ..please advice.. I am very sure about Allen Bradley, it is having ADR facility in them using which i can do the same thing very easily...... Please suggest Rahul

As long as the master configuration stays unchanged you can exchange slaves with identical settings. I'm not in favor of online swapping as you can get unpredictable results (especcialy with output units) but it should be possible.

thanks pdl ... but does that mean that all the parameters in the vfd ar any other device connected to devicenet master will be automatically dowloaded to the slave... if we replace the exact match of the faulty device with same node number.. please suggest

No, by my knowledge the devicenet master does not "download" anything to the slaves. You will have to set up a VFD or any other slave through parameters or switch settings yourself. However, once devicenet communication is active, you can set parameters for a VFD very easily through Smart Active Parts from an NS terminal connected to the PLC, for CS/CJ series. Or you can store VFD parameters using programming software CX-Drive which comes with CX-One (v1.1), or Sysdrive. If you need to replace a VFD you can download the parameters. What CPU series will you be using ?