Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
raviiyer

E5CN serial comms data

3 posts in this topic

Hi A while ago I posted a message in this forum about communicating with E5CN from a CJ1 PLC. (I am using the SCU41 card and RS485 wiring, Modbus protocol. I have CX programmer and CX protocol) During the holiday period I successfully managed to talk (!) to the instrument and get a reply from it. I am able to get the present value (modbus address 0) from E5CN. From the E5CN modbus manual I can't get the memory address of 'Set point' and 'Proportional value'. I need to write into each of these address. I have the E5CN communication manual with 4th chapter dealing with Modbus protocol, but for some reason, the list of memory address at the end of the chapter doesn't give the two variables that I want. These are listed in Compoway protocol area, but there doesn't seem to be direct correspondance between the 2 protocols. (The memory addresses are not similar) Any help and suggestion is greatfully acknowledged. Thanks Ravi

You need to look in Section 6 of the H135 manual. It contains the information on memory addresses. Hope this will help.

Hi, Thanks for your help. The manual you pointed out has helped. Ravi