Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
acainc

AB Servo motor cross

4 posts in this topic

Can anyone please provide me a know cross reference to a Ab servo motor P/N N-3406-2-H00AA? I am assuming that like most AB products this is manufactured by another company and brand labeled for AB. Ab is discontinuing this model (or series) and wants offer a motor with cheap plastic connections for industrial applications. My customers don't like that idea. Please help if have any information. Thank you, acainc.

I wouldn't accept the plastic immitations either. But are you sure they are obsoleting the N series. They are pushing some newer higher tech motors but I didn't think they were getting rid of the N series. We use a ton of F series and know there a newer models but keep these for the ruggedness. Sales will try to push the newer models but the F series is still available

I am being told by my customer as well as my distributor, that this particular motor configuration is being obsoleted, that's why I'm looking for help. The "N" series may still be available but the critical issues are the frame fit to their equipment, shaft fit and most of all is the circular (MIL) type connectors. If you know what company makes these series motor for AB I am interested in contacting them. Thanks, acainc

This was true about 10 years ago, but since then the company (Reliance / Electrocraft) has been absorbed into Rockwell Automation. The N-series motors and Ultra controllers are products inherited from the acquisition.