Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PLCer

CPM2A comm to K3 components

4 posts in this topic

Hi My friend has a CPM2x and wants to communicate with about 10 other K3 components over RS485 (Compoway/F). I know that I can use CPM2C + CPM2C-CIF21 for easy settings. But he is on a budget and CPM2C is more expensive than CPM2A. Do anyone have a program to communicate CPM2A with Compoway/F components. Many thanks.

Hi! Use CPM2A + CJ1W-CIF21 for easy setting, instead of CPM2C + CPM2C-CIF21. Howerver, with so many components, pls notice comm. speed (slow respone for long scan cycle) P/S: With many components, it's difficult to program with TXD & RXD

Yes, thanks. Oh, I forgot this way, but the manual indicates only K3Nx series, not K3HB-V as we wanted. Do you have information on whether we can use this unit to comm with K3HB-V ? Many thanks.

With K3HB, can only use Compoway/F protocol for communication. Check in K3N* & K3HB Communication manual for compoway/F protocol. If they have the same frame, everything is ok. I believe that they are the same in commands which supported by CIF21. Now, I'm very busy. When I have more time, I will check these. (I made some projects with K3NX, NV, E5CK, ... but not with K3HB)