Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
poweron

SLC 5/03 & Web based control

4 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, I have an application that I need help and advice with. Currently I have a SLC 5/03 and a PV1000 system that controls 2 steam generators. There is also an external alarm notification system that notifies maintenance via a pager if a problem occurs. This is done via PLC outputs. Each of these outputs sends a certain alarm message. The process runs overnite on its own without the presence of any operator or maintenace personnel. If an alarm comes up, maintenance needs to go to the plant in the middle of the night to reset it. The customer is now asking if it's possible to reset some of these alarms remotely via the web. What software can I use to accomplish this (doesn't need to be Rockwell software)? I'm also willing to change the processor if necessary or add a network card. Thank you in advance for your response Phil

If you your Panelview is not on channel 0 your could put a 1761-NET-ENIW on it. This is a Ethernet to DF1 adapter with a built in Web Server that allows you to write values to the SLC. It is limited on pages and reading and writing values but should get the job done for turning on a few outputs. Another option would be to upgrade to a SLC 5/05. It also has a Web Server but I am not sure if it can write values. I have never used either of these. Depending on what you mean by changing controllers you could go with the controllogix and an Eweb module. This is not nearly as limited as the two options above. The only real limit is the 5 megs of memory for the Web Pages.

No it works with the SLC, controllogix, compactlogix, etc. The part number is misleading