Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mac_g3

PANELVIEW 550

14 posts in this topic

Hello ALL. I'm French, and i have a problem with an Panelview 550 operator doalog panel. The panel is a 2711-K5A2, connected to the DH485 port of SLC5/03-OS302. The PLC run perfectly ... and i think the problem is been located on the panel. Immediately after power on, the display show : ERROR FEHLER ERREUR ERRORE, and below the number 40. I don't understand which is the cause of the error 40. I have panelbuilder 32 v 3.80 ... with an 1747-PIC converter .... The communication with the panelview is impossible. Anyome haves an idea ? Bests thanks for yours answerts, Stéphane from France.

What is the DH485 node number of the panelview? Does this conflict with the PLC or your PIC box addresses. Is the network speed set to the same on all devices? You can check on the panelview by pressing the left & right arrow keys together and select communication setup Is the error 40 displayed when the application has loaded or before?

Hello. Thanks for your answer. The problem is the panelview show the error immediately after power-on, and before any other habitual screen. The panel do now allow me response when i push the left and right arrow keys on the keyboard + enter key .... the display show the error 40 ... and never other thing.(this procedure show with a good PV .. the menu configuration, and allow the programmer to setting modify the PV). I think this is an electronic problem internal to the panel .... I have all needed (the PVA source file and computer), and my first idea is to restore the application file in the PV550 ... the problem, with the error 40 , is the panelview do not allow me to communicate. In other same machine, i have the same PV550 and 5/03 PLC ... with RSlinx and the 1747-PIC ... i see all the computer is in node 0, the SLC500 is in node 1, and the PV550 is in node 2, and all run perfectly, i can connect with panelbuilder 32 and RSlogix 500 without any problem. Anyone have idea ? I think .. to purchase a new PV550 ... and the cost is too high !! ... i want absolutely know why the PV550 show the error 40 .. If i'm sure .. the PV500 is dead ...then ... i purchase a new !!! ... or adapt other model of operator panel !! Best thanks for your answer. Stéphane .. from France ...

You could try clearing the PanelView memory While booting when diagnostic test 32 is displayed press and hold both the F6 & F5 (If that doesn't work try F1 & F10) Edited by Snerkel

I wasn't aware of the "clearing memory on powerup" trick, I'll have to try it! It does sound like the CPU board failed the power-on self test. Unless you are very good at circuit board repairs, you will have to send it out for repair or get a new one. Like you said, new ones are not cheap! I probably have a spare CPU board for a K5A2 if you need one, email me if you would like to discuss it Edited by gravitar

I had something similar a few years ago, it was a corrupted project that caused the problem, the only fix in the end was to create a new project and copy paste stuff across. If I remember rightly mine stopped at a diagnostic test around about 40. Catching the boot sequence at "32" may take a few attempts. Note:- last time I did this was about 8-years ago so I hope my memory has recalled the boot sequence number and the keys correctly. Don't know what you do if you have a PV without keys

Hello ALL. Thanks for yours answers ... The great problem that i have .. is the PV550 do not allow me to dialog with the keyboard buttons or the DH485 programming port. Immediately after power-up ... the display show ERROR .. and below the number 40. The screen always displays this ... some is the conditions, even if I await a long time.is always error 40 ... and never other thing ... The reset procedures shown above ... is not applicable in this case. It is possible to make an hardware reset ? Inside the panel ... don't have a backup battery ... I locate two jumpers on the main board of electronic component. Anyone know whish is the function of these two jumpers ? Thanks for your answers. Greetings from France, Stéphane.

One more wayt to clear the meory of panel view is,keep the appropriate keypad buttons pressed at the keypad and then switch on power supply,try like this!!!!!!

Hi, This is a cool site . my first time here. I'm a guy from Holland and i'm working now with A&B for a few years. Stephane, I don't know if you fixed your problem with the PV550 but I will check the ERROR 40 tomorrow and give you (I hope) a solution. Bye, Johan

Hello. My problem with the PV550 ... is always the same ... If anyone can help me ... !! Thanks. Stéphane.

Error 40 = No executable code to run after boot. Found this on page B-17. (very large file so give it time) http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/i...um014_-en-p.pdf Edited by Mickey

Hello. Thanks for your post. If i understand ok, in the B-17 page, my error 40 = No executable code to run after boot. No executable code ...??? i don't understand which the AB manual say. The manual not explain which is the source of this problem .. and how to resolve ! I think is an electronic component inside .. is in fault state (RAM or other). and i think to refer to an electronic maintenance service ... to see .. if the panel view can be return in normal function. Because of the downtime of the machine, I have buy an another new PV550... I load my application inside. and all is OK. But I would like to understand what is this error 40, and to give well in function this panel view to have it now in help for the breakdown service. Thanks for your response. Merry Christmas, and greetings from France. Stéphane.

You're not the only one that's confused.. I think if they were talking about the user program (no .PVA loaded) it would just boot into the configuration screen. My guess is the firmware code was unable to execute.. A good repair shop could probably fix this, or you could always just send it back to A-B for repair

hi sir the pv600 pluse hmi hand symbol is coming ,so no communicate to pc. Plse any help.my hmi catalog number is not given because it is metal panel. but i tell some detail the hmi back side is one serial port and usb port and one ethernet port. plse sir how to clear the hand symbol.