Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
308guru

Enclosure code and wiring training

2 posts in this topic

Does anybody know of books, courses, online material, etc. that would teach me the ins and outs of enclosure wiring? I'm fairly new to plc's, only a few projects under my belt. What I would like to learn is how/when to use particular components. Breakers, fuses, terminal strips, anti-tiedown modules (and how to use them properly), etc. I just want to make sure I know everything I need to in order to accurately spec out a machines wiring and pneumatics. I just got done reading Industrial Control Safety from the articles section and it's great. I want more info like that, but something that gets more specific in each area.

FREE Download! Automated Manufacturing Systems; PLCs Book This book has some information that you might be looking for you can find it on the home page of this site. I don't know of a free site that would be any better than this one for finding that type of information. I have been doing integration for 25 years and for the most part it has been a learn as you go process. I have been fortunate enough to work with some very good engineers, that took the time to help me. If you are designing systems by yourself google search engine has a lot of good links where people share their exprience. I use it myself as there is always something new that a customer wants or new technology that I want to use. Also you distributor is a good source of information.