Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pete3589

One shot time display

4 posts in this topic

One of my applications has a screen that displays all tag values when the machine trips. It displayed the last 4 sets of data from the last 4 trips. I labeled them accordingly from the most recent to the oldest, but a customer wants them to have the specific times and dates associated with them. How should I go about pulling up a static time and date. I tried using GSV's, but it seems that they display active clocks, not just a single event time like on an alarm banner. Does anyone have a recommendation as to how to do this, or maybe a way that I can get the GSV's to work.

You will have to move the current time to a holding register when the trip occurs, then display the holding register with the alarm. Ken

Create a UDT to hold the Wallclock time (DINT[7]) that you get with the GSV and the trip data. Create an array of that data type and shift new events in and old events out.

All I wound up doing was placing the variables that I copied the GSV wallclock time into the actual trip code, therefore the variable was only copied to once per trip, so my problem that I thought I was going to run into with having the times constantly upgrading didn't happen. Thanks for the replies